Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day Fifty-Seven

I woke up this morning at five o'clock and hired a taxi to take me to the Bangkok airport. I thought I'd get there early, relax and read. Unfortunately, the flight ended up being delayed six hours! Instead of reading I got a cheap massage in the airport terminal.

As a result of the flight delay the attendants informed us we would be staying in Japan for one night. Although I was anxious to come back home I wasn't disappointed by the misfortune. During the delay I ended up hooking up with some Canadian guys who were winding down on a two month summer trip to southeast Asia.

We arrived in Japan at eleven o'clock in the evening. The Canadians, a guy from Long Beach and I had dinner together and decided we'd go out on the town with the allowance that Japan Airlines had given us.

No comments: