Monday, July 23, 2007

Day Fifty-Six

Today was a sad day...I left my friends and the island of Ko Phangnan. From Haad Rin I took a small ferry to Ko Samui. Once I arrived at Ko Samui I hired a taxi to take me to the airport. The island of Ko Samui is a lot more developed than Ko Phangnan. Travel guides say it is better suited for family vacations because it has all the amenities you would have back home.

I arrived at the airport three hours before my scheduled flight. Instead of waiting for my flight they put me on the next plane to Bangkok which was boarding in fifteen minutes.

I arrived to all the hustle and bustle of Bangkok Airport. From there I jumped on a bus to lively Khao San road. Once I was checked in I went straight to work, that is to buy gift for all the friends and family. For the next four hours I walked up and down the road trying to find the perfect gift for everyone on my list. Muay Thai boxing shorts for the guys, purses for the girls, and a taser for brando!

I couldn't sleep tonight so I just wandered around for awhile. Khao San road stays up until dawn! Back to bed!

No comments: